Marketing efforts have evolved from traditional marketing methods such as print media and TV ads to becoming substantially or even entirely digital. Digital marketing comes with numerous advantages and challenges for marketers. For a business to succeed, it has to learn to embrace the advantages and overcome the challenges of digital marketing.
Among the merits of digital marketing include increased customer engagement, the establishment of long-term relations with customers, greater revenue, and reduced marketing costs. The most significant challenge that marketers face in digital marketing is the amount of time and effort required to yield results.
Marketers must engage in Email Marketing, social media marketing, content marketing, SEO, influencer marketing and other forms of digital marketing that are time and labor-intensive. Undertaking all these activities can feel like a never-ending job and prevent you from engaging in other day-to-day activities for your business. This is where digital marketing automation comes in.
What is digital marketing automation?
Digital marketing is certainly a time-consuming process, and most of the tasks involved are repetitive in nature. These tasks can be safely automated to save you time that you can allocate to valuable activities that increase profitability. In a nutshell, digital marketing automation or simply marketing automation is the automation of digital marketing tasks with the help of software. When done effectively, digital marketing automation can take your business to the next level.
Benefits of digital marketing automation
Digital marketing automation promises numerous benefits including:
- Generating leads, conversions, and sales. Marketing automation increases sales by 5%.
- Increasing marketing efficiency because automation handles repetitive tasks.
- Cost reduction: marketing automation reduces marketing expenses by 2%. It also reduces labor costs because you don’t need to employ people to perform repetitive tasks.
- Increases revenue: 77% of top performing firms use marketing automation to increase revenue.
- Enhance customer experience by sending personalized messages based on customer behavior and interests.
- Increases customer lifetime value: marketing automation is not only about attracting new customers but also retaining existing ones. It helps with retention and loyalty strategies that maximize customer lifetime value.
Demand side platform
One of the most prominent methods of digital marketing automation is the demand side platform. Demand side platform (DSP) is an automated programmatic platform that allows you to run, manage and optimize digital ad campaigns. Rather than putting ads everywhere, DSPs choose the impressions that are valuable for your campaign.
Why use DSP for online advertising
- It is cost-effective media buying because a media buyer sets a bid they can afford. DSP also guards against a marketer’s money being spent on underperforming traffic.
- One DSP account can manage all media buying activities, so you don’t need multiple platforms.
- A single account can access multiple traffic sources ranging from apps to websites. In the processes, you can identify high-performing sources of digital inventory.
- DSP offers transparent media buying, and you can keep track of your spends and traffic sources. You can identify the best performing publishers and invest more in them as opposed to poor performing ones.
- DSP offers you analytics and performance results in seconds because of its real-time technology.
Should you build your own DSP?
Many people believe that it is better to build their own DSP rather than paying to use one from a third-party provider. Building your DSP has numerous shortcomings that makes getting a DSP from a third-party provider a better option.
- Competition: novice DSPs have trouble attaining exclusive traffic because SSPs often send their bids to big DSPs. The top 5 spending DSPs get 78% of all impressions. A DSP without impressions is useless.
- High initial investment: when you build your DSP, you incur costs of servers, building a platform, and maintenance expenses. All these require a significant investment that may be a burden for many organizations.
If you pay a huge sum of money to your DSP provider, you may be thinking of building your own in-house DSP platform. However, it is irrational and costly to build your own DSP platform. Instead, you can opt for an alternative DSP with a white label.
What is a white label DSP?
White label DSP like Adcellerant is a fully developed solution that is customizable to meet your advertising needs. Customization is inexpensive and only requires minimal capital investment. Therefore, it is less expensive than developing your own DSP.
Benefits of white label DSP
- It is bug-free because it is tested in real time.
- You don’t need intermediaries; you use a single platform to connect to multiple SSPs and optimize your campaigns.
- 100% transparency and you control your traffic sources.
While most people might believe that creating your own DSP is the best path, it might not give you return on investments. Plus, you will be stressed keeping everything working. With a white label DSP, you get customized service at a lesser charge. Contact Adcellerant to get started with a white label DSP.