As the weather gets warmer, people tend to spend more time outdoors and less time on their screens. Summer can be a challenging time for advertisers to keep the attention of their target audiences. However, with the right strategies, you can keep your brand top-of-mind, engage your audience, and keep your campaigns hot during the summer.
Five Tips for Keeping Your Advertising Fresh for the Summer
- Tap into themes and trends.
During the summer, consumers have certain expectations and preferences regarding advertising. For example, consumers expect ads that reflect the season, such as beach scenes, outdoor activities, and travel. By tapping into these themes and trends, you can capture your audience’s attention and create a connection with them.
- Craft an authentic message that connects with your customers.
During the summer, people get bombarded with ads, so creating a message that stands out and resonates with your audience is essential. To craft your message effectively, understand your target audience’s needs and interests during the summer. What are their pain points, what do they enjoy doing, and what kind of content resonates with them? Use this information to create messaging that speaks to their needs and interests. Once you’ve crafted your message, communication is equally important. Using the right tone of voice, visual elements, and appropriate ad formats can help your message stand out.
- Differentiate your business.
Summer is a competitive season, and businesses compete for consumer attention. So differentiate your company and highlight your unique selling proposition. This could be anything from your product or service features, pricing, customer service, or company values. Examples of this are:
- A restaurant may have a unique menu, farm-to-table ingredients, or a particular cuisine that sets it apart from the competition.
- A real estate agent may want to highlight summer-friendly features of properties they are selling, such as pools, outdoor living spaces, or proximity to a recreation area.
- A retailer may want to create a summer-themed product line or offer exclusive summer discounts to attract customers.
- Create conversion opportunities.
Summer is a great time to entice new or returning customers by offering seasonal promotions, discounts, or special deals. To start, identify your audience’s summer needs; what are they looking to do this summer? Try a discount for booking during the summer months.
- Identify your target audience.
During the summer months, consumers’ habits and interests may shift. To identify who your audience is, try researching demographics, interests, and online behaviors. You can also use tools like social media to gain insight into your audience’s online behavior. For example, if you target millennials, create ads promoting summer festivals, concerts, or outdoor activities they might be interested in.
The Hottest Digital Marketing Products to Invest In
There are specific industries that heat up during the summer months. Suppose you’re in real estate, travel, tourism, restaurants, or retail, to name a few. In that case, your business will benefit from a robust product mix that could include Programmatic Display Advertising, Device ID, Local SEO, and Retargeting. Let’s break down some hot digital marketing products to invest in.
With this Programmatic Advertising, you can create highly targeted ads that are more likely to resonate with your audience. You can also track and analyze the campaign’s performance in real-time, making adjusting your strategy easier.
Device ID Targeting (DID)
Device ID targeting allows you to target your ads to specific devices. This technique uses the unique Device ID associated with a user’s mobile device to deliver targeted ads directly to that device. This can be especially useful during the summer when people are on the go and using their mobile devices more frequently.
Here are some examples of how different industries can take advantage of Device ID:
- Retail: A shoe store’s marketing team may want to target anyone who has visited a competing shoe store or those working nearby.
- Home Improvement: Use DID (Device ID Targeting) to find customers interested in home improvement projects by targeting devices interested in topics such as DIY home improvement videos, articles, or product reviews.
- Recruitment for Blue Collar Workers Gathering data on job seekers in your area or the specific location you want to target can do wonders for your marketing strategy. For example, you’re in charge of advertising for a factory. You can find blue-collar workers to recruit by Geo Fencing career fairs and the physical location of your competitors.
- Restaurants/Bars/Breweries: Using information from customers’ previous visits to restaurants, you can create an advertisement targeted to customers who have been in these areas.
- Auto Dealerships/Parts & Service: Mobile Device ID targeting can map out other car dealerships or used car lots to promote a dealership’s parts and services. These dealerships want to reach out to auto owners who need oil changes or other maintenance done to their cars.
Local SEO optimizes your website and online presence for local search. This will enable you to appear in the top results for local search queries and allow you to reach local customers. This product is essential for businesses that rely on local customers, such as restaurants and retail stores. During the summer, people are often out and about, looking for things to do and places to eat. If your business is not showing up in the local search results, customers may be more inclined to choose a competitor instead.
Retargeting is a powerful advertising technique that allows you to reach consumers who have already shown an interest in your brand. It works by placing a cookie on a user’s device when they visit your website. This cookie enables you to show them targeted ads even when they are on other sites. Retargeting can be especially effective when consumers research products and services for their summer plans.
Stay Ahead of the Heat: Embrace the Power of Tech and Human Expertise
Keeping your advertising hot during the summer requires a combination of smart strategies and innovative technology. However, more than technology is needed. At AdCellerant, we offer an all-in-one, white-labeled technology solution that combines the power of cutting-edge technology with the human touch. By partnering with us, you can get the best of both worlds and achieve your desired results.
Contact us today to learn more about our all-in-one solution and how we can help you keep your advertising hot this summer.